Watch my review of the Vacuvita® One Touch Storage System.
Disclosure: I received a Vacuvita® One Touch Storage System to use in order to conduct this review. All my opinions are my own.
Vacuvita® is like a modern day, high tech, connected bread box. It stores food in an eye-catching container, the Home Base, to keep it fresher longer. The Home Base then pairs with an easy-to-use vacuum tube to seal food in coordinating, reusable containers or vacuum seal bags. For enhanced functionality in everyday life, Vacuvita® developed an app tailored to its system to keep track of everything you have stored and then send reminders of when it will expire. You can use the pre-set reminders or set your own. So you never forget about those strawberries you purchased last week, or the vegetables you froze last month.
Here are a few of the many reasons to bring Vacuvita® to your kitchen:
- The average household wastes 1300 pounds of food per year – up to $1500 in waste.
- The Vacuvita app keeps track of your stored food effortlessly (and sends you reminders of when your food is getting ready to expire).
- In addition to storage, you can use your Vacuvita® products to marinate, sous vide and more.
Here’s what comes in the Vacuvita®:
- Home Base
- 1 small container
- 10 vacuum bags
To further enhance your first Vacuvita® experience, here are some tips for ultimate freshness:
- When storing bread products in your Home Base, leave it wrapped in paper or plastic.
- Do not store both dry and moist foods in Home Base simultaneously.
- Wash, clean and dry fresh fruits and vegetables before vacuum sealing in bags.
- Never store bananas or soft cheese in vacuum. For a list of foods not recommended, as well as guidelines for how to store all recommended foods visit the Vacuvita® FAQ page here.
Get more information on the Vacuvita® here.
Purchase your own Vacuvita® from Amazon here.
Purchase additional Vacuvita® containers from Amazon here.
Purchase additional Vacuvita® vacuum bags from Amazon here.