Watch how to make this cherry vanilla overnight oatmeal recipe.
Disclosure: I was given some Skylar Rae Cherries from Stemilt Growers to create this recipe.
If you are always on the go and don’t have time to cook a healthy breakfast, then I have the recipe for you. It’s a cherry vanilla overnight oatmeal that requires just a few ingredients and doesn’t need to be cooked.
What’s great about this recipe is that you can make it ahead of time and just eat it when you’re ready. It also features the Skylar Rae Cherries from Stemilt Fruit. They are considered the sweetest cherries you’ll ever eat because of their high sugar levels and they are in season from mid-June to mid-July. Stemilt fruit was awesome enough to sponsor this video and I want to thank them for sending me some of these sweet cherries to use in this recipe. I’ve included a link to where you can get more info on these Skylar Rae cherries below.
Grab a bowl and add some rolled oats, unsweetened non-dairy plain yogurt, some non-dairy milk of your choice. I’m using soy milk. Vanilla, maple syrup and hemp seeds. Mix the ingredients together then distribute it between two mason jars. Make sure to leave some room at the top of the jars for the toppings. Since I’m using unsweetened non-dairy yogurt I will put a little more maple syrup so that the oatmeal is slightly sweet. If you use sweetened non-dairy yogurt then you may want to put less maple syrup so that it’s not overly sweet.
Cover the mason jars and refrigerate overnight. When you are ready to eat it just top off the oatmeal with some sliced Sklyar Rae cherries and almonds and enjoy!
Learn more about the Skylar Rae Cherries here.
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy plain yogurt or 1 container
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- ½ cup fresh Skylar Rae Cherries seeded and sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- In a bowl, add the oats, yogurt, milk, vanilla, maple syrup and hemp seeds and mix together.
- Divide the mixture between two half pint mason jars. Make sure to leave some room at the top of the jar for the toppings.
- Cover the mason jars with their lids and refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to eat, sprinkle the top of each jar with the cherries and almonds and enjoy right from the jar or pour out into a bowl.